IPSEC VPN feature on which models ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-06 20:04:08
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am currently using the Archer C3150 and it supports IPSEC VPN (site to site VPN) located in the NETWORK section.

I want to buy a TP Link WIFI 6 router but it is not clear if there is a model which support IPSEC VPN.

For example the AX50 does not support it (only OpenVPN and PPTP).

Anyone knows which model has it ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:IPSEC VPN feature on which models ?
2022-04-07 05:53:50

Hello @Henkster, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the TP-Link community.

All Wi-Fi routers support OpenVPN and PPTP VPN servers only, they don't support IPSec VPN. Archer C3150 only supports OpenVPN and PPTP also, you can find the specifications below:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-c3150/#specifications

All Wi-Fi routers support VPN Pass-Through (PPTP, L2TP, IPSec) as stated in the specifications also, so they won't block any VPN traffic if that is what you're worried about.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer AX55V2 Supports WireGuard VPN, EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, IoT Network, Speed Limit,and More If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-07 07:35:46

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, the C3150 does support it, i cannot upload a screenshot, but it is available under Network / IPSec VPN, here I can add an VPN peer and create a VPN tunnel with protected networks.

So why does this router have it and all the others models dont ?

Options
2022-04-07 21:51:03

@Henkster 

​I'm sorry that only AC3150 support IPsec VPN. Other models doesn't support IPsec VPN.

TP-Link Customer care

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 640

Replies: 3

Related Articles