adapter is disconnecting randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-10 19:29:27 - last edited 2022-04-24 03:04:48
Model: Archer T4E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

I have a 7 year old computer with windows 10 I don't have ethernet so I bought the adapter. eversince I bought it I have been having isues where it disconects randomly I restart the adapter it works for a time and than it disconects again and again. I have been trying to search for a solution online all the thing I tried faild like to fush dns etz. also all of my other divices work perfectly fine. when I troubleshoot it reports: default gateway not available, to your device appears to be correctly configured but the dns server is not responding 

Options
8 Reply
Re:adapter is disconnecting randomly
2022-04-15 06:09:09 - last edited 2022-04-24 03:04:32

Hello   @goinginsane 

May I know when did you purchase the T6E adapter? 

• You could try to reserve an IP address for the computer, or try to set up a static IP & gateway address (IPV4 gateway is router'sIP address)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/41/

Options
2022-04-21 19:01:39

@Solla-topee Sorry,
it is a E4T I already reserved a ip and manually set my dns to 8.8.8.8 but that didn't change anything.

Options
2022-04-24 03:10:51

@goinginsane 

If your adapter model is Archer T4E, please try the updated driver in my last reply.

• Disable Other network adapters when use Archer T4E 
  • Try a different Ethernet cable between router and adapter
  • Try connecting a different computer or wire network device to the router and see if router has stable network? 

If still the same, can I have a photo of the IP & gateway address , a photo of error message when there is no internet? Try to ping  IPv4 default gateway / ping 8.8.8.8 when issue occurs. How to Use the Ping Command

What is the model of router, do you have router --PC directly? Please also share a photo of adapter driver and computer motherboard information with us, thanks!

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Options
2022-09-05 18:26:56
I disabled all other internet drivers and I don't have a ethernet cable thats why I bought the adapter
Options
2022-09-06 01:06:06

@goinginsane Glad to hear from you again. If you have tested a different Ethernet cable; have confirmed another wired network device can get stable connection from the router LAN port.

To solve it, I may need to escalate case, can you help confirm some case details asked before, many thanks. 

- can I have a photo of the IP & gateway address , a photo of error message when there is no internet? Try to ping  IPv4 default gateway / ping 8.8.8.8 when issue occurs. How to Use the Ping Command

-What is the model of router, do you have router --PC directly?

-Please also share a photo of adapter driver and computer motherboard information with us, thanks!

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Options
2022-09-06 17:58:41
Problem with wireless adapter or access point
Options
2022-09-26 18:49:24
?
Options
2022-10-11 18:24:16
still happening