How to access the print server using linux

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-10 23:29:25
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2

I have a usb printer connected to my router (VR600 v2) with print server feature enabled. I managed to print using windows  but I can't find a away to do the same on linux.

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to access the print server using linux
2022-04-11 03:01:05 - last edited 2022-04-11 03:01:48

@MagdyZ 

USB Printer Controller Utility is available only for Windows and Mac computers.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-04-11 11:13:53

@terziyski 

I was hoping to find some answers like what kind of protocol is used by the print server and how to manually configure it as there were tutorials for TL-PS110U Print Server

Options
2022-04-11 12:09:56

@MagdyZ 

For hardware print servers there is a tutorial for manual installation under Linux - here.

But we are talking about VR600 DSL modem router software print server controller which doesn't support Linux.

I doubt that you'll find any deep technical details about it here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-04-11 19:47:27

I have something in my mind I think it might work my brother has a pc with window so I setup everything and it worked fine 

my next step is to share the printer on the network from his pc and deal with windows firewall rules ( I think that'd work )

@terziyski thanks for your quick replies I really appreciate it <3.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 4