Can't bind my TP-Link ID to my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-12 15:39:35 - last edited 2022-04-15 05:42:08
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20211117 Rel. 38093(4A50)

I'm able to access the local administration interface of my router.

I went to the TP-Link Id part of the interface successfully created an account and verified my email.

However, when attempting to log in through the router's interface my newly created account, I get this:

"You cannot log in to this router since you are not a manager of it. Please ask the owner to add you to the managers list. "

Tried to create other account with different emails with no luck.

I'm not sure it matters but I did a firmware update just before.

Other than that everything works fine... But without binding a TP-Link ID I can't setup DDNS servicecry smile

I saw other posts with the same problem but nobody seem to have found a solution.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Can't bind my TP-Link ID to my router
2022-04-15 05:55:12

@Rodolphe 

It sounds like the router has been bound to another TP-Link account already, can you confirm if the router was newly purchased? Is it brand new? You can try to reset it to its factory defaults and see if you can bind it to your own account again.

You may share with me the MAC address of the AX10 router via private message, we could try to trace that out and see which account it binds to currently.

Options
2022-04-15 06:18:58
Thank you for your answer. I didn't really want to but I did the factory reset. It took me 4hour to setup all the settings I had before but it works and I'm able to login. (I did not want to re-import my settings in bulk and take the risk to mess again with the TP link account binding) Although all is well I noticed that every time I log into the router with a local ip and passwords dyn dns setup will display as if no account is bound and ask to login every single time (In reality the dyndns works fine but it seems to be a UI hickup)
Options
2022-04-15 06:37:18

@Kevin_Z 

And yes it was brand new at the time of purchased

Options
2022-04-18 08:13:46

@Rodolphe 

If that is the case, please monitor if you can login to the router after the reset.

BTW, to enjoy TP-Link’s DDNS service, you have to log in with a TP-Link ID, so that's why it display as if no account is bound when you login locally. This has been mentioned in the User Guide also:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-ax10&ax1500_v1/chapter-12-customize-your-network-settings#ug-sub-title-4

Options
Re:Can't bind my TP-Link ID to my router - Same issue
2022-08-07 17:14:01

@Kevin_Z 

I have a similar problem. First it said "get the password" from the person who installed it. then with the Ethernet cable it said, "it does not bind with this email address". 

I too am afraid to reset it...to avoid connection issues afterward.

Please, please help me. 

BTW -- it is a new router purchase from Amazon. 

Options
Re:Can't bind my TP-Link ID to my router - Same issue
2022-08-08 06:25:40

@Bobde 

Is the TP-Link router model also Archer AX10?

Are you trying to login to the router via your TP-Link ID from a remote network or locally?

You can try to login to its web interface page with the local password, then follow the guide below to reset the password for your TP-Link account:

What can I do if I forget the password of my cloud account bound to the TP-Link wireless router?

Options
2022-09-06 12:15:51

@Kevin_Z   I'm having a similar issue with my AX11000 purchased refurb through Amazon. When trying to add to my TPLink account, the error message is " Operation failed. The device is already bound to another cloud account. "

Options
2022-09-09 06:04:50

Vettesale wrote

@Kevin_Z   I'm having a similar issue with my AX11000 purchased refurb through Amazon. When trying to add to my TPLink account, the error message is " Operation failed. The device is already bound to another cloud account. "

@Vettesale If that is the case, I believe your AX11000 is bound to another TP-Link account as stated. Try to login to the web interface of the router, then go to Advanced > TP-Link Cloud / TP-Link ID page, check and confirm if it is bound to your email account. If not, unbind it and bind it to your TP-Link Cloud account again.

Visit this guide to bind the router to your cloud account:

How to register a TP-Link cloud account for my TP-Link wireless router to manage it remotely?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4984

Replies: 11

Related Articles