I have an Archer VR2100. Assuming price is not an issue, would Deco or OneMesh be best for me?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I have an Archer VR2100. Assuming price is not an issue, would Deco or OneMesh be best for me?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-13 18:53:19

I understand that the VR2100 would have to have its access point disabled to work with Deco.

I can't find much online about whether OneMesh or Deco would be best for me, can somebody explain?

Options
2 Reply
Re:I have an Archer VR2100. Assuming price is not an issue, would Deco or OneMesh be best for me?
2022-04-15 07:12:48

@JackWCJones 

Hi, since you already have Archer vr2100, I believe your internet service is via DSL broadband connection.

(On the VR2100, the DSL port is connected to ISP.)

So if you want to make full use of VR2100, OneMesh is the first option, you could add some "OneMesh" extenders/powerline adapters to work with VR2100, such as:

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/product-list/

And since you mentioned Deco, It is also a brilliant idea if you need good coverage and an excellent roaming experience.

Firstly, Deco supports Ethernet backhaul and it could reduce the speed loss caused by wireless interference---General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco.

And Deco has wireless router and access point modes and you have two combinations working with VR2100:

DSL---VR2100(birdge mode)---Deco(wireless router mode)

DSL---VR2100(DSL modem router mode)---Deco(AP mode)

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Then if you want to add more satellite Mesh nodes, there are different models for your reference:

How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?

Can different Deco models work together?

There is some basic information for your reference and if you want to know more details,  please feel free to let me know.

Best regards.

Options
Re:I have an Archer VR2100. Assuming price is not an issue, would Deco or OneMesh be best for me?
2022-04-15 08:08:56

@David-TP 

Hey David, thanks for your response, it was very helpful.

I have been considering OneMesh just for the sake of simplicity. I currently have a powerline network of 4 AV600s however I'm going to upgrade them anyway to an AV1300 system. I was looking at getting 2 TL-WPA8631P kits (so, 4 nodes in total). Because those would be using a powerline backhaul, would that potentially degrade the powerline network performance? With the AV600s, presumebly because they are not 2x2 MU-MIMO or whatever it's called, I suffer a lot with a sort of "bufferbloat" that occurs at the powerline level when my brother uses bandwidth (I've tested this by pinging the router by confirming the latency occurs between my PC and the router, and also by pinging the router on a device connected to the router via ethernet, where there is no increase in ping).

If that is the case, I assume a Deco network would be best for me?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 307

Replies: 2