New IMAC configuration question with Deco, Time Capsule, and Virgin SuperHub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-15 14:17:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I've just purchased a new IMAC 24" model, and I imported my IMAC files, applications etc from an old Time Capsule (2009  model). All is working, but I wonder whether my configuration is optimal. I have a DECO M5 as router, a Virgin Superhub which I configured to act only as modem, and I have the old Time Capsule. The DECO router has Ethernet connection to the Virgin modem, and to the Time Capsule. However the new IMAC has a power adapter with an Ethernet port, and I wonder whether that should be utilised in some way now.

Options
2 Reply
Re:New IMAC configuration question with Deco, Time Capsule, and Virgin SuperHub
2022-04-18 05:44:24

@Doug222 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Since the old Apple Time capsule is already used for Time Machine backup, I think there is no need to connect the new iMAC via Ethernet cable to Deco as well.

The wireless connection on IMAC is more recommended and later if you need the Ethernet connection on MAC for other usages, it could also be wired to one of the satellite Deco M5 units.

Best regards.

Options
Re:New IMAC configuration question with Deco, Time Capsule, and Virgin SuperHub
2022-04-18 13:20:58

@Doug222 

Thank you for your reply. That confirms what I was thinking. I'm perfectly happy with the current configuration

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 2

Related Articles