Wake on WLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wake on WLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wake on WLAN
Wake on WLAN
2022-04-15 16:11:38
Model: Archer TX3000E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I got the Archer TX3000E wireless pcie card, version 1. I don't think it is stated anywhere on a spec sheet that it is supposed to support wake on WLAN (WoWLAN) but in this thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/236730 a person that seems to be from TP-Link apparently confirmed that the card supports WoWLAN. The configuration options for the device in the device manager suggests WoWLAN support as well.

Various other threads on the internet suggests that Intel chip on this card (Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160Mhz) supports WoWLAN (https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-AX200-Wake-on-Wireless-LAN-WoWLAN-working-intermittently/td-p/625132).

Can anybody confirm that they actually tried and got the WoWLAN working for this card? I tried everything I could think of and was not successfull.

* WoL is supported by the mainboard for the onboard LAN controller (which I got to work successfully) as well as PCIe cards. The relevant settings are enabled in the BIOS. There is no mention of WoWLAN support on the mainboard spec sheet but I have to assume that WoWLAN uses the same mechanisms as WoLAN.

* While sleeping, the computer shows up on the router's "connected devices" list (presumably the DHCP table) with the TX3000E MAC address. It disappears from this list when turned off. This leads me to believe that the card is still powered in sleep mode and would be capable of receiving the magic WoL package.

* In the device manager under the card's properties, "Allow this device to wake the computer" is enabled. (I tried with "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer" enabled and disabled as well.)

* The driver installed is the latest from the TP-Link download center (v22.0.0.6)

* Windows fast startup is disabled (not that I think that matters, I'd be happy to wake from sleep, not even going for waking from off)

Any help in getting this running is appreciated, otherwise I'll have to try and get a warranty replacment.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wake on WLAN
2022-04-18 09:10:23 - last edited 2022-04-18 09:58:45

Hello   @wowlan 

Thank you for creating a detailed post! TX3000E supports WoW LAN feature, it is recommended to double confirm with motherboard manufacture about the support of this feature.

• You could try the intel chipset driver here for TX3000E first
  • in Adapter Properties> Advanced tab >  enable Wake on Magic Packet
  • Try setting port forwarding on router for the PC, open Port 7& 9 for the PC/ a broadcast IP like 192.168.X.255.

Can you help provide some information here  for us to look into that further

- a photo of the mother board information on your computer: How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

- photos of WoWLAN set up 

- Can you share some details of how did you test WoW LAN , the error when try to activate a PC through WLAN?

Did you test this feature in a PC in the local network, or test a from a remote PC outside the local network?

- network topology, e.g. Router XX <Ethernet>PC1; PC2 wireless connected to router directly. 

If you test this feature on the same computer, please confirm PC1 could ping PC2: How to Use the Ping Command

Thank you. 

Options
2022-04-22 13:34:40

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for replying. I'll get back to you with answers once I did some more testing next week.

Options
2022-04-24 02:28:35

@wowlan that would be great, feel free to let us know the test.  I created a support email for your case for further follow up, please check your inbox for  TKID220422965, thank you. 

Options
2022-05-06 06:24:05

@wowlan Can I know if you are able to use Wake on WLAN, feel free to let us know for any further observation on support email TKID220422965. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1060

Replies: 4

Related Articles