Change wifi channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Change wifi channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Change wifi channel
Change wifi channel
2022-04-16 04:22:53 - last edited 2022-04-19 13:00:49
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

When are we getting change wifi channel feature? I want to change it to another 5Ghz frequency band. The 5Ghz wifi channel is so congested that making my speed drops and inconsistent. Don't ask me to use network optimization feature, it's still the same.

I'm using Deco X20. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel
2022-04-16 13:37:57

@jacktiew 

On picture you shared, how many of these are your Deco units broadcasting on same channel? 

For WiFi channels congestion reporting try WiFiMan app from Ubiquiti, it can show WiFi networks in more meaningful way:

Options
2022-04-16 18:06:19

@Alexandre. 

This is in a good case. For the worst case you can refer to the pic in the #1 post.

Options
2022-04-16 19:59:50

@jacktiew 

The screenshot in the #1 post is not helpful. All your Deco nodes broadcast on the same channel, of course it will appear congested. Even if you can change Deco WiFi channel manually, the new channel will appear congested, because now all Deco nodes broadcast on it, and in close proximity to your smartphone.

Answering your original question: TP-Link declined feature request to change WiFi channel manually. Here is more detailed explanation, which is already 1.5 years old.

Do not expect to see that feature in Deco app any time soon. 

Options
2022-04-18 03:42:16

Thank you very much for your explanation, Alex!laugh 

@jacktiew, Thank you very much for your feedback. So far I don't think It is the 5ghz channel that caused the slow speed and inconsistent internet connection. Band 1 is a very commonly used 5ghz and many routers prefer working on this band.

If you would like to share more details about your current performance issues of speed and network stability: such as how much speed you could get via 5ghz/2.4ghz as well as Ethernet? what are the devices that lose the connection a lot? we would love to help you locate the problem.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 685

Replies: 4

Related Articles