UB500: Windows 10 can't hibernate / sleep and crashes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-20 08:08:32 - last edited 2022-04-25 05:03:51
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I purchased TP link Bluetooth dongle (UB500) a few days back for my windows 10 machine. 

Since it's been plugged in the system, my system can't hibernate or go to sleep. When I click hibernate, the system's power led keeps glowing for a long time and then it shuts down without really hibernating. When I start the computer back again, it starts afresh instead of resuming from hibernation. 

The system hibernate / sleep fine if I unplug the TP link dongle.

I checked the event viewer, the last warning is as "A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond." After this event system crashes and there's no new event. 

I have tried reinstalling drivers. Followed many tutorials online but nothing is working. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:UB500: Windows 10 can't hibernate / sleep and crashes-Solution
2022-04-25 05:03:23 - last edited 2022-04-25 09:32:17

The issue has been solved fully. Great engineers at TP link shared the fresh beta drivers and now system can hibernate and sleep without ever needed to disable hyper-v.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:UB500: Windows 10 can't hibernate / sleep and crashes
2022-04-21 03:51:38

@locokhttt 

• Try having the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option,  disable/enable and see if that makes any difference 

Adapter Properties settings>  Power Management tab>  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" box

As this is related to PC can not enter sleep mode, it is recommended to reach computer and see if there is any known issue, or reach Microsoft support and see if they have some professional suggestion on this. At the same time, can I know the exact model of your computer, e.g. Dell 9350 Win10;  can I have a photo of the driver date and motherboard information on the computer

Options
2022-04-23 15:03:43

@Solla-topee Hi, thank you very much for you response. And sorry for the delay in my reply. I was waiting for the replacement dongle. I thought maybe the problem will resolve after replacing it, however, the problem still persists with new dongle (same UB500). 

Here are the screenshots. The dongle doesn't have power management tab.

I have hyper-v enabled on my windows 10. It's a professional feature that lets user run virtual machines on the computer. When Hyper-v is enabled, the default 'hybrid sleep' ( which is combination of sleep & hibernation) of windows is disabled automatically and user needs to enable hibernate manually. This hibernate works with generic bluetooth adaptor I was using. 

Options
2022-04-24 02:21:01

Hello  @locokhttt 

Thank you for more detailed information, to better assist with your case we created a support email TKID220422963 and get your case escalated, please check your inbox.

To isolate the issue, it is suggested testing the UB500 with a computer with a different motherboard and see if this could be reproduced? 

Options
Re:UB500: Windows 10 can't hibernate / sleep and crashes-Solution
2022-04-25 05:03:23 - last edited 2022-04-25 09:32:17

The issue has been solved fully. Great engineers at TP link shared the fresh beta drivers and now system can hibernate and sleep without ever needed to disable hyper-v.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-04-25 07:15:44

@locokhttt Glad to hear the new beta driver resolve the issue laughThank you for sharing solution here!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 967

Replies: 5