Deco X60 Single Unit Keep Disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-26 11:47:05
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50164

Good day,

I have a 2 Pack Deco X60 Setup at home with one of the Decos connected directly to my Telstra Business Modem/Router. Wifi is disabled on the Telstra modem/router, DHCP is enabled and the Deco is also acting as a router so I am aware of Double NAT here but that has not been the issue.

The second Deco is 15 m away downstairs connected via WiFi only to the primary Deco.

This was setup 3 months ago and running without any issues whatsoever and I was pretty happy with the setup.

Yesterday the Deco downstairs went red and therefore offline. The Primary Deco stayed green but no longer had internet access. This was very strange and I could still see on the App that the Primary deco was "connected" but no Downloads/Uploads were effectively taking place and I could not get anything from the outside world through my Local Deco Network. I restarted the Deco multiple times with no issues. Eventually turned everything off including the Telstra Modem/Router and turned everything back on. This solved the issue for a few hours.

The same problem happened again. I ended up swapping around the Decos and resetting them. Creating a new Network and starting fresh. Unfortunately after a few hours the Deco downstairs (originally the one upstairs as Primary) disconnected and stayed Red. The Primary Deco kept its connection to the internet and stayed Green. It seems it's still working well. I moved the downstairs Deco right next to the Primary in order to check if it was a signal issue.

The problem did not go away. Upon rebooting it goes green for a while then turns back to red.

My local network is still working well through the Primary Deco.

Is this a faulty Deco unit or am I missing something? Again, no issues for 3 months until yesterday and nothing unusual has happened.

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X60 Single Unit Keep Disconnecting
2022-04-27 08:49:18

@X2000 Welcome to the community.

Could you please try to temporarily set up Deco X60 as an access point to see whether the same issue continued?

In the meanwhile have sent another firmware via private message and please install the firmware and check whether it could improve the stability.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X60 Single Unit Keep Disconnecting
2022-04-30 02:13:28

@David-TP 

Hi David,

I have tried both setting up the Deco X60 unit in Access Point and upgrading the firmware, in both cases the issue continues. The unit connects to the system but eventually drops out with the red light flashing. I have also tried the unit on a different TP-Link Mesh Network (Running 3 Deco X68s) and the problem is the same. it's the only unit that drops out of the system in both systems.

Options