RE305 Ethernet connected timeouts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-28 11:13:16 - last edited 2022-05-04 10:54:59
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: ac1200

Hi, just bought a RE305 and connected it to my main WIFI Router via along ethernet cable.

I tested it by connecting to YouTube on my laptop, this seems to work fine ... but as soon as i try to connect to any other sites, i continually get Time outs . Funny some sites like YT work fine, most others do not.  The RE305 is about 1 meter away from my laptop.

The long Ethernet cable works fine as I've directly connected it to my laptop and all sites work. The problem is with the RE305.  I've pressed the reset button but that did not help.

-- Additional -- When i check the TP_Link Wireless connection to my laptop, it says connected - excellent signal strength - but Unsecured ?  How do i secure my RE305 ???

**** SOLVED  ****

I needed to setup the unit even though i am using a ethernet cable (no wireless between main router and RE305). Setup sets the passwords and SSIDs that are required.  Now I can access all web sites.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RE305 Ethernet connected timeouts-Solution
2022-04-30 15:33:08 - last edited 2022-05-04 10:54:59

@OldGreenKoala 

Thank you for sharing solution here with us, glad to know extender works now in Range extender when wirelessly connect to router. 

If you wish to wire RE to main router, range extender need to work in AP mode, here is an instruction that you may get interested. How to connect TP-Link Wi-fi Extender to Router with Ethernet Cable (Access Point Mode)

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:RE305 Ethernet connected timeouts-Solution
2022-04-30 15:33:08 - last edited 2022-05-04 10:54:59

@OldGreenKoala 

Thank you for sharing solution here with us, glad to know extender works now in Range extender when wirelessly connect to router. 

If you wish to wire RE to main router, range extender need to work in AP mode, here is an instruction that you may get interested. How to connect TP-Link Wi-fi Extender to Router with Ethernet Cable (Access Point Mode)

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 378

Replies: 1

Related Articles