Some Wi-Fi clients are invisible locally until I ping them from the AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-30 12:03:11 - last edited 2022-04-30 18:53:57
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, TP-Link team and users,

here is my problem. I have TD-W8961N, which is in fact and ADSL modem with Wi-Fi function. I use it solely as Access Point, with DHCP server disabled (it is enabled on another TP-Link ADSL Modem, connected to this one via Ethernet). I have several wi-fi clients, including smartplugs. I have no problem whatsoever controlling those smartplugs from my mobile app, which implies talking to them via the web-resource of their manufacturer. I also want to control them directly from my Linux desktop, which I managed to do using manufacturer's API. However, I found that most of the time I cannot even ping those smartplugs. Yet, at the same time, they are controllable from the mobile app, implying that they have received IP-address (which I bound to their MAC) from my DHCP server and that they can reach Internet.

Then, by chance, I noticed that when I login into AP's web interface, go to Tools, and ping a smartplug from there, I see the response AND immediately after that I can also ping them from my desktop. However, after some hours, the smartplug becomes unreachable from the LAN again, so I again need to login to AP and ping from there.

I've looked over Wi-Fi settings in the AP web interface, and could not figure out if some of them might be relevant to change this behaviour. So, help is appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 158

Replies: 0