I can't downgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I can't downgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
I can't downgrade
I can't downgrade
2022-05-02 06:22:55 - last edited 2022-05-03 21:24:50
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello, I recently upgraded my repeater and unfortunately it was the wrong country's firmware, it is working as expected but I can't downgrade to my country's firmware . And I would like to know if there is any way to accomplish this, as it seems that it is not related to being a firmware from the different country, but the device itself does not allow the downgrade,I tried to downgrade a firmware from the country where unfortunately I downloaded the wrong version and it is also not allowed to downgrade the firmware, showing me that the problem is not in the country itself, More yes in the device that does not allow such a downgrade... I live in Brazil and I did the update of a firmware of the USA. And I wanted to know if there is any way to return to my country's firmware in question.

Options
5 Reply
Re:I can't downgrade
2022-05-03 21:25:23 - last edited 2022-05-03 21:25:41

@Solla-topee Would you help me ?

Options
2022-05-05 10:27:50

Hello  @Andrsouzaaa 

As I checked some internal resources, RE450 V4 1.0.4 (BR)(US) have the same improvement & bugs fixed, so I would recommend  using that firmware if it works stably. 

Do you mean RE450 is on (US)V4 1.0.4 and can even not be downgrade to V4(US)1.0.3? Sometimes firmware contains some major improvement like UI change does not allow a downgrade. 

Options
2022-05-05 16:29:25 - last edited 2022-05-05 16:33:22

@Solla-topee that's right, all other TP-LINK repeaters and routers could always be updated and if I didn't like it, I could go back, but the RE450 in its version 4 I updated it to version 1.0.4 because in my country still doesn't have this update version available, so I went to the US version and downloaded and updated manually, even because the US has bands and frequencies very similar to those of Brazil, no I would suffer so much, but I can't download the firmware, it only allows me to update from version 1.0.4 US version to version 1.0.4 EU in case I try to download version 1.0.3 from whatever country it is not accepted, well then according to your advice better leave it the way it is, it is working fine without problems, I just I really wanted to know if this was normal, or would I have caused it, and if I could go back to the previous version, I updated it because I have noticed a high temperature in my model, when used and stressed it gets too hot and with that it loses total performance causing my connection speed to drop drastically, so I saw a newer firmware version and tried the update to see if there would be any improvement, but the heating persists, I will continue to evaluate it, and if I cannot find any cause I will call TP-LINK support in my country and ask for a replacement.

Options
2022-05-07 02:44:00

@Andrsouzaaa 

It seems that this firmware can not get downgraded.  If range extender gets high temperature

• You could adjust the Wi-Fi coverage range extender, go to Settings> Wi-Fi coverage>Intermediate WiFi range this will lower the tramit power of the range extender and sacrifce some range, but generate less heat. 
  • Put your range extender in a cool and well-ventilated environment, not an enclosed space.

Options
2022-05-10 06:09:23 - last edited 2022-05-10 06:11:52

@Solla-topee strange not being able to downgrade the firmware, why would that be? and another question I have is why it is getting so hot , it is not normal , in fact it is normal to get hot , however the performance drops a lot from a constant speed of 200Mbps it doesn't go more than 85Mbps, turning off and  and restarting it on again a few minutes later the speed goes back to 200Mbps like a pass magic, are you sure it's not a defective product?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 5

Related Articles