Votes

Deco X50 White List

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Whitelist MAC filtering, please!. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Deco X50 White List

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Whitelist MAC filtering, please!. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco X50 White List
Deco X50 White List
2022-05-02 10:03:12 - last edited 2022-11-03 10:22:40
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hi,

I have 3 units of the Deco X50 and I have blacklisted devices that are not mine, but they keep connecting because they have the ability to use random MAC. Is there any option to avoid this?

Is there an option to use White List to add the devices that I do want to connect?

Thank you!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X50 White List
2022-05-03 08:08:45 - last edited 2022-05-05 08:12:16

@MonteroD 

They have no intention to support white list as far as I know.

If it assured you that a device with random MAC address could not connect to your Wi-Fi if it did not know your wireless password.

So basically, the unknown devices are actually your own devices and you might not know what it is.

You could figure out what it is and change its device name so that next time it will show up as the customized name.

It also helps if you try to use a complicated password and make sure the guest network is disabled or enabled with a strong password as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 855

Replies: 1