Deco P9 issues with Netflix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-02 17:57:14

Hi, I'm still having issues with Netflix as per this thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/543910?replyId=1064846&utm_source=Subscription&utm_medium=email  ... but it seems this thread might have been closed as solved, so opening a new thread with hope to getting this finally resolved:

David-TP wrote

@Kunwar1980 

Thank you very much for the further explanation.

I would like to follow up on your case by email and consult the engineers first; and at the same time, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Change the WAN DNS server on Deco to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.-How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

2. Manually copy the MAC address on your laptop to the main Deco.-How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet?

Best regards.

@David-TP I'm sorry to say the same issue has cropped up again. The profile pics have changed and all 3P Content has been removed from our account.

I tried to pit DNS on automatic setting and then back to the manual 8.8.8.8 / 8.8 4.4 setting but it didn't work this time.

Is there anything you can recommend please?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P9 issues with Netflix
2022-05-07 06:20:00 - last edited 2022-05-07 06:35:45

@Kunwar1980 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Would this issue repeat frequently now?

I have consulted the engineers and they explained to me that it might be caused by the different internet IP addresses assigned by the ISP.

Since the computer is always working when connecting directly to the modem, would it be possible to find the MAC address of the computer and manually input it into the Deco?

And it is also suggested to mote down the IP address when PC is connected directly to ISP modem and the IPv4 address when Deco is connected to the ISP modem.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco P9 issues with Netflix
2022-05-08 18:34:39

@David-TP thank you for responding. Actually, I was able to create a MAC clone on Deco from the initial instructions you gave on the original thread. That fixed the issue temporarily, but unfortunately it has recurred again. I also noted the IP address of the laptop when connected directly to the modem vs. IPv4 address in the Deco app. They are both the same. 

What do you suggest as a next step?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 395

Replies: 2

Related Articles