Archer C6U v1.0 / FV 1.0.4 omega slow (re)booting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-02 19:30:48
Model: Archer C6U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hi, I am having no trouble when the router starts and operates normally, but when a power shortage occurs, the rooter NEVER comes back naturally. It either looses wifi or ethernet. I don't even understand how this is possible. 
I got home today, had wifi, all good, sat on my desktop PC - had network, but no internet. Network is working fine, but not the internet. Yet wifi has no issues. 
The previous time I was working on my desktop PC after a power shortage, while my kid complained there is now wifi. There was, only it had no internet. 

BOTH times reseting the router fixed the problem. But not with the on/off switch, but by plugging it off the charger and waiting a few seconds. 

So far, ok, I can live with that bug. However after pluging it in, or pressing reboot from the panel, or for whatever reason turning it off and on again, the router boots for about 2+ minutes. Is this normal? I have 2 other tp link routers + one of another brand. Lower class, yet they boot almost immediately when having an issue.

Is there a firmware udpate I haven't done or something?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C6U v1.0 / FV 1.0.4 omega slow (re)booting
2022-05-07 06:21:39

Hello @SayanMk 

Can I know who is your ISP?

After the power outage, and there is no internet on the C6U, is the internet LED orange or green at that moment? If you take out the cable from its WAN/Internet port and put it into the PC, will you still connect to the internet properly? This will help determine if the ISP modem still gives you internet after the power outage.

When there is no internet on the C6U next time, please don't reboot it, but login to its web interface page first, click on the Release/Renew or Disconnect/Reconnect on the router Internet page, then check if it will connect to the internet. Please save and email the system log to suport.forum@tp-link.com with the subject of "[Forum ID 547226] Archer C6U v1.0 / FV 1.0.4 omega slow (re)booting" no matter if it connects to the internet or not, we will check.

Options
Re:Archer C6U v1.0 / FV 1.0.4 omega slow (re)booting
2022-07-08 15:55:13 - last edited 2022-07-08 15:58:09

@Kevin_Z Thanks

I mailed it.

Here's a video of just-now. Takes 2 minutes to reboot. After  that - everything works. Accessing  the router via my phone, because it unaccessable via ethernet/PC.

drive.google.com/file/d/1KA8qDI9JnuuBVASUG9APSz0ykGyis6Cd/view?usp=sharing

ISP is UNEX, but it's not their fault. There is internet - but only wifi.

No ethernet until rebooted. Although lights are on.

That's it. Weird bug. But the 2 minutes of rebooting are really a lot to take, when in a hurry. Any advice would be of use, also reccomendation for a reliable replacement, that is faster at rebooting.

Thanks,

Marin.

PS: just got a mailer deamon

tplink-com0e.mail.protection.outlook.com[104.47.26.74] said: 550 5.4.1
Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281)
[x] (in reply to RCPT TO
command)

sooo... 

Here is the log

drive.google.com/file/d/1sX8NFWejrAwCWeZJynQ8cjqjDq8uGEDg/view?usp=sharing

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 162

Replies: 2

Related Articles