VPN DDNS not working on TP-Link Archer AX1500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-03 15:59:35
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20220117 Rel. 51891(4555)

Hello, 

I've some problems lately with setting up VPN via DDNS on my router. It worked for a year and suddenly stopped. So i've changed tp-link cloud ddns site to newer hoping it would help, but it didn't. 

Also I've tried to setup DDNS via NO-IP, result was the same but i can at least nslookup this site.

On tp-link DDNS i coulnd't ping or nslookup created site. VPN was setted up in tact with Your guide. 

Please, give me some ideas

Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN DDNS not working on TP-Link Archer AX1500
2022-05-13 10:07:22

Hello @JustFiesta 

Do you mean the TP-Link DDNS stops working after you configure the AX1500 as a VPN server? What if you disable the VPN Server feature on the router, will TP-Link DDNS works?

BTW, how did you verify the TP-Link DDNS stops working? Is there any error on the router web GUI, or have you just failed to access the router remotely via the TP-Link DDNS domain? What if you try the public IP address, will you still be able to visit the router web?

Options
2022-05-14 06:27:08

Thanks for reply  @Kevin_Z 

I ment that DDNS service is no konger working. I've setted it up few months ago and i worked for a while, but two months ago it suddenly stopped, and I couldn't connect to my network via OpenVPN.

DDNS is not working either with VPN Server turned on or off.

I canot log into router using DDNS adress, and even if i try plublic IP. Tried to ping or traceroute my router using DDNS adress and public IP but it does not show complete route and cannot ping DDNS.

Options
2022-05-17 02:51:22

@JustFiesta 

If that is the case, can I confirm the network layout and how is the DDNS configured on the AX1500? You may email the configuration or screenshot to support.forum@tp-link.com, we will confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 3