How can I push a button to turn off my smart bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-04 11:37:57

I have an older house (1975) where most of my would-be light switches actually control the outlet instead.

As such, the overhead light in my master bedroom is only controllable by the pull cord on the light, and by voice via Google Home and some Philips Wiz candelabra LED light bulbs.

Obviously this works but frankly, I hate it. I just want to flip a switch or press a button to shut these off.

Does anyone know of a good solution for this problem? I'd greatly appreciate some help.

Thank you!

Edit: I've seen these Kasa smart switches. Would I be able to install those and program a smart action to turn off my lights? From what I could find, I'm unsure.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I push a button to turn off my smart bulbs
2022-05-04 18:04:44
Not sure that i exactly understood what you want, but if you have a table lamp with L530 bulb in it and connected to one of the outlet you can turn on/off with the switch, then the bulb/table lamp can be turn on/off wioth the swich. I think (but not completely shure - my bulb is in summer house) that when you turn on the bulb will remember the state that was when it was turn off. (exampel red and 40% brightness when turn off, it will turn on red and 40% brightness). I have not tried if wifi is necesery if you do not need to make changes in color or brightness.
Options
Re:How can I push a button to turn off my smart bulbs
2022-05-05 12:42:07

I use these as well. If you use Z2M, you can bind them to lights (might be able to do it with ZHA but I cannot confirm). I take this approach because if your home automation software (I use HAOS) becomes unavailable (for whatever reason), the bind remains and works without Z2M running.

They are pricey but they have been rock solid for me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 2