Disable DHCP Server in Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-04 12:07:06
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. I recently got three Decos X60 and have a little issue regarding my main DHCP server, which wouldbe solved if I have the option fo disable DHCP servier in Deco, acting as a router.

Do you have any idea when this feature will come? I know many users are asking for it ....

Thanks for your time.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Disable DHCP Server in Deco X60
2022-05-06 14:00:42

@spossidente 

Hi, welcome to the community.

many users want to disabled the smart DHCP under access point mode and I see you seem to disable DHCP under wireless router mode.

Would you mind telling me what issues you have experienced with DHCP server of Deco?

Best regards.

Options
Re:Disable DHCP Server in Deco X60
2022-05-07 17:50:44

@David-TP , Hi.

There is not an issue, in fact. 

It would be important to have the option of using or not the DHCP, as we have in 99% of medium routers in the market.

For example, in my environment, I have more than one network connected, in different IP segments, and I need to guarantee that each network receives IPs only for the right DHCP. But, when DECO is involved as a router, many times wrong IPs are given, forcing clients to use the wrong gateway. I can solve it using only one DHCP, in the right router, but DECO don´t give me this option.

I hope TP-Link really considers enabling this feature, as many clients like me wish. 

Options