P7 + M5 frequent internet outages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-06 08:54:14
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.9
Hello,
I have been using a Deco P7 3-unit system for three years now (don't know the HW version number because not clear where to find it, firmware version 1.4.9. The main unit is on the ground floor, next to my internet modem, one unit is on the first (middle) floor and the third one is in the attic. I needed to connect an extra PC with ethernet cable, so I bought a separate M5 unit ( FW 1.5.7) in Dec 2020. I installed it in the middle floor and put the spare P7 in another room in the attic. So now there are 3 P7s and one M5 in service.
There have been many cases in the past when the satellite units' (especially those in the attic, the furthest from the main unit) LED would turn red, but in recent days this has been happening on virtually an hourly basis. Rebooting sometimes helps, but not for long. I have switched off UPNP in the app, I have used Wifi Analyzer to check the channels used and found that they use channel 36 (not the best). Apparently I can do nothing about it as the app won't let me change channels.
What else can I do to improve the connection?
Options
3 Reply
Re:P7 + M5 frequent internet outages
2022-05-06 09:08:15
Just to clarify, the Deco units are not connected by ethernet cable between themselves.
Options
2022-05-07 02:45:20

@tpgediminui welcome to the community.

Could you please try to adjust the location of your current setup: still keep the original set up and put Deco M5 in the attic, such as:

The green line stands for powerline.

Options
2022-05-08 16:18:33

Thank you.

I actually moved the middle-floor Deco to a different room, which seemed to improve things. After I got my first internet outage on that setup, I switched the M5 and P7 as suggested. So far so good, will update if needed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 3