No internet on guest network on one node of deco network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-06 10:08:47
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 B 20201228 Rel 55057

Strange situation. After configuring network as resolved in another thread here I now have one node [powerline/WiFi backhauled P9] upon which the guest network has no internet. Windows 7 device will connect to SSID but sees no internet, iOS device seems reluctant to connect to the network [whirling symbol on WiFi network list].  Said Windows 7 device immediately connects to internet when taken into neighbouring room with another P9.

Network topology basically as below: node at issue is powerline/wifi backhauled satellite P9 [other X60s are ethernet backhauled, but not a problem].  

Any suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:No internet on guest network on one node of deco network
2022-05-07 02:34:12

@etiene 

Nice to see you again and no wonder I see the picture is quite familiar​​​​​​.

And the problematic P9 is the red one, right?

Have you checked whether windows 7 got the correct IP settings when it is connected to the guest of red P9?

How to find IP address on your devices?

And in the picture, satellite X60s are wirelessly connected to the main X60 and I believe their backhaul is on wireless 2.4ghz/5ghz backhaul?

best regards.

Options
Re:No internet on guest network on one node of deco network
2022-05-10 15:31:48

@David-TP 

Hi David!

That's the offending P9 in red, yes.  There's actually only one satellite X60 at present, and it's ethernet backhauled to the Main Deco X60.

I can't get to the network settings on the Windows laptop, as it's institutionally controlled.  However on the iPhone I notice that when trying to connect to the offending P9 the router IP does not complete, but when walking into the room with the other P9 it does and thus the connection is established.  If I then return the router IP remains and the connection is useable.  It only seems to be when trying to establish a connection at the red P9 that the settings don't complete [checked at other nodes].  Maybe this is something to do with the "unsanctioned" powerline setup to the offending P9...?

Options