TP-Link Router unable to connect to phone and TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-06 12:17:54

Having recently transferred my services to OneStream Broadband, I was sent this TP-Link router to connect to the internet. After a three hours after being confirmed that I was connected to the internet, I eventually connected my laptop, but was unable to connect my phone or TVs.

OneStream advised me that an engineer would contact me, but to no avail, and was told 4 days later that it would be within 72 hours. 6 days later, this 72 hours was not three days of 24 hours, but the working hours of the engineers, nevertheless I reminded them that I am a bit old for Hans Christian Anderson stories.

Having accessed the https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/edit/topic?moduleId=32 I went to the ADVANCED pull down menue and accessed the GUEST NETWORK on the left. This page is devided into SETTINGS and WIRELESS and under the latter, there is a SECURITY option at the bottom of the page, to which I applied NO SECURITY as I am the only person who has access to the router, and subsequently my phone and TV were able to connect.

Needless to say, the options and instructions given by TP-Link did not work in the slightest, subsequently leaving the impression that someone is either misleading or not knowing what they are talking about.

The router itself is very flimsey and when I move it or turn it over to see various numbers on the back, it turns itself off, and perhaps this is something they may wish to look at, when offering a service that is reputable.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Router unable to connect to phone and TV
2022-05-12 03:48:32

Hello @ScreenNameBrian 

Thank you very much for your detailed issue description, I appreciate it.

Regarding the engineer contact, can I confirm is this the OneStream engineer or our TP-Link engineer? We are different companies, so if it is OneStream, I'm afraid we can help with that. But if it is our TP-Link engineer, we would like to have your reference number of the contact, then we may check why they didn't contact you.

Can I also have the model of the TP-Link router? You can find it on its bottom sticker, it may start with an Archer or TL.

Back to the wireless connection issue, do you mean you are connected to the unsecured Guest Network now? If that is the case, I would suggest you follow the guide below to modify the main wireless network settings, you can change the channel to 1/6/11, change the security to WPA2-PSK, AES, please ensure you get the correct wireless password, then try to connect to this main network on your phone and TV again:

How to configure basic wireless settings of TP-Link routers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 1

Related Articles