router not getting internet connection when configured using backup file

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-07 09:39:17

i use an Archer C20 US V5 as my main router.

a day ago at night it lost internet connection. i found out it was my router that lost internet anonymously. i reset it, uploaded the backup file that i had saved and it configured the router but no internet was there. weirdly, the wired devices still got internet while the wireless devices showed 'no internet'.

i reset it again and logged in to my ISP's pppoe id and all was well. this time both the wireless and wired devices got internet connection successfully. 

i have the latest firmware installed too.

Options
1 Reply
Re:router not getting internet connection when configured using backup file
2022-05-10 03:10:43

Hello @hamimrahman.17 

Is the WAN Connection Type PPPoE on the C20? Who is your ISP?

If there is no internet access when you upload the old configuration file into the router, but the internet works when you reconfigure it from scratch, I assume the settings saved on the router may no longer march the changes made by your ISP or modem. It's suggested to monitor the connectivity again and pay attention to the ISP modem connectivity as well.

Options