Soho switch recommendations?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-09 07:10:09

Hi

I'm look for recomendations for upgrading my core home network gear.

Right now, I have a pfsense box ->netgear gs108t (office)->netgear wndr3700 (basement) (dd-wrt ap mode)-> Netgear dumb switch (family room 2nd floor).

I have 2 ac lite connected. One to the office and the other to the 2nd floor switch.

I'm in the process of finishing the basement, and I will likely replace the wndr3700 with Ac lite and a proper switch if I can get my nest/ubnt issues worked out. (The outdoor cameras disconnect from the ubnt but work perfectly with the wndr3700)

The family room switch is the problem right now, I'm lucky to get 1 Mbps where the rest of the house I get around 75 down. The family room switch feeds a nexus player (hard wired), Xbox one, reciever and the upstairs Ac lite. All the cabling is fresh out of the package.

I'm thinking of going over to the ubiquti on the core in the office, moving the Netgear gs108t to the family room. My future plan is to VLAN the entire network, but the Netgear VLAN configuration drives me nuts. It would be nice to have Poe switches, but the way the infrastructure is in the house, I don't think it makes sense.

I mainly stream from a Plex server in the office or Netflix. We don't have 4k yet, but it's coming whenever I get a new tv.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 0

Related Articles