Combining Omada with SOHO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-12 07:44:33
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Some guidance please, if possible.

I'm currently with Sky FTTC, but want to run the Omada range. This cannot be done with the 'stock' Sky router, so I'm thinking of replacing this with the Archer VR2100 so that it can be put in true bridge mode, to then run the Omada (ER605 / OC200 / switches / APs, etc) range on top for network management.

Has anyone successfully managed this (Omada in a home environment) in the UK? There's hundreds of videos on YT from the Americans, but their setup is completely separate to UK's Sky, so that doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Combining Omada with SOHO
2022-09-12 10:36:43

@richardclarke79 

Check this thread for more details on that matter.

If you can't put the xDSL router in true bridge mode, you can disable its wireless radio and configure a DMZ to the ER605 router (behind it) to mitigate the double NAT.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Combining Omada with SOHO
2022-09-12 12:22:32

Thanks, @terziyski 

This was more a general question of if it's even possible, before I throw even more money/time trying to sort a solution.

I'm fairly happy that the VR2100 can be put into bridge mode, (disabling Sky's router's wireless and the DMZ option just doesn't allow traffic to the ER605 over WAN, so that's not an option)

Hoping that someone has at least attempted to run Omada in a home environment with Sky - slim chances, maybe, but Omada is a pretty cost-effective alternative to the security-lapse Unifi, which is use by a lot of people.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 2

Related Articles