Deco x68 internet drop off - now log time is incorrect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-09 22:20:47 - last edited 2022-05-09 22:22:38
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20210519 rel 36755

Had these for a week (2 pack) and this morning for no apparent reason the internet disconnected even though the vdsl light on the primary modem showed the connection was still there. I had to software reboot the units to restore the connection and now the time on the logs is showing 1970 and has not corrected even though the time settings are correct.

The litany of spelling errors in the logs along with the  log settings in the firmware (critial = critical?) does not inspire confidence. These units do not look finished and I note there has been no firmware update for quite sometime. They will be going back if I have any further issues as I am used to a very stable connection

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco x68 internet drop off - now log time is incorrect
2022-05-09 23:04:42
Options
2022-05-10 11:33:18

@tonyholdgate Thanks for the feedback and I believe it is "critical".

It will be reported to the engineer for modification and sorry for the inconvenience.

As for the log time, I see "1970" as the start log time of different products and I think there is no specific meaning for it.

It is more like a default start time after a reboot/factory reset and once the product is online, the time will sync from the internet.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-10 14:35:10

@tonyholdgate 

It is normal to see 1970 as a time stamp at the start of the log. When device reboots, it does not have access to the Internet to get correct date/time. The answer on why it defaults to 1970 and not some other date can be found by googling it.

As soon as device, such as Deco, gets access to Internet and queries date/time from Internet time servers, it will start writing log lines with correct time. Check last log lines - they should have correct time and date.

Options
2022-05-11 00:13:02

@tonyholdgate Yes it has corrected itself now thanks

I am concerned that the unit did not reconect itself and required a reboot though

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 4

Related Articles