[Feature Request]Option for Disabling Remote Tether Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-10 11:36:24 - last edited 2022-05-10 11:38:10
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Tether grants remote access to my router as long as someone gets my Tp-Link ID credentials (I suppose).

As TP-Link being the top in home routers, I acknowledge your efforts to strengthen safety but there might be a chance that your database gets targeted or my passwords just leaks anyway.

I like using the internal DDNS services for certain purposes so I can't just logout on my router. I would appreciate an option to block Tether access.

Options
1 Reply
Re:[Feature Request]Option for Disabling Remote Tether Access
2022-05-20 11:09:21

Hello @A2Sumie 

Thank you very much for suggesting the idea of disabling the remote Tether access to the wireless routers. This idea will be reviewed for consideration.

I want to point out first that remote management or remote access is one of the important features for Tether management with a registered TP-Link Cloud account, which allows you to manage and access your router when you are not home, and you could enjoy some cloud-based functions including online upgrade, TP-LINK DDNS, etc.

At TP-Link, customer security comes first. We work diligently to ensure that our products include the highest level of security features, with firmware and hardware that protect customers and their devices from the latest threats. We also recommend you visit the following blog to review all the settings on your router as well as on your network to be sure that you are secured:

What Is Home Network Security and How Do I Secure My WiFi Router?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 221

Replies: 1

Related Articles