Second network for 2.4ghz only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-11 17:17:24
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have an 3 x Deco X50 up and working well, we did have a problem with apps loosing server connection which we solved by using access points and turning of beamforming.

So I have a smart TV which I often used as wireless display for my windows 10 laption and phone, however I found this only works when using 2.4ghz netwroks.

I don't really want to turn of 5Ghz usage, so would like to add a 2.4ghz only network which I can switch to when wanting to use a wireless display. Is this possible and if so how?

thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Second network for 2.4ghz only
2022-05-12 03:23:54

@GaryMo Welcome to the community.

I see you mentioned Deco X50 is under access point mode and maybe you could enable guest network for 2.4ghz only for smart TV and turn off "Isolated From Main Network".

When it is not needed, you could disable the guest network.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-12 10:01:46

@David-TP  Thanks for your response.

I did try this yesterday and it did not work, so had another go this morning, but this time turned of isolate from network, as my laptop needs to talk to it and it worked. :)

So what security breach is a guest network, I have setup security on it and have a secure password?

Options
2022-05-13 09:58:09

@GaryMo 

Hi, the guest network supports the same security types as the main network and you could customize the security type according to your needs.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 3

Related Articles