TP-Link RE605X terrible connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-14 23:07:56
Model: RE605X  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I recently bought this wifi extender so the wifi downstairs would be better. I have both dual connection 2.4hz and 5hz. I when going downstair the 5hz wifi is around 34mbps and with the RE605X extender the wifi is worse at only 15mbps. I litterly just bought this today and its a waste of money. $100+ for worse wifi are you serious. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link RE605X terrible connection
2022-06-01 02:56:08

Hello  @wtakumi 

As range extender and router are on different stairs , for better performance would you consider wiring  Range extender to router via Ethernet cable and use it in Access Point Mode

Range extender received the Wifi speed and transit the signal to network client, so the speed of range extender is usually slower than router's Wi-Fi, thus RE is mainly used  to extend Wi-Fi signal in a Wi-Fi dead zone. If you wish to get faster speed, wired connection may help in your case. 

Options