Deco M9 plus with Ziggo Connectbox issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-15 12:39:31 - last edited 2022-05-17 06:15:59

I used to work fine with my old Ziggo modem, together with 3 Deco M9 devices set up as an access point.

Now I had to change my old Ziggo Modem to  a new Ziggo ConnectBox, so I thought it would be simple: just connect the cable from the old modem/router port to a port on the new one. That worked well for about an hour, but now I only have 0,5Mbit download or no internet at all via the Deco. (should be 300Mbit according to a speed test done on a pc directly connected to the Ziggo connectbox)

I already did a reset on all devices, reconfigured it, tried the router DHCP server option etc... but the issue remains...

What can I do?

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M9 plus with Ziggo Connectbox issue-Solution
2022-05-17 06:15:55 - last edited 2022-05-17 06:15:59

@T7H 

Tried all of that already, router in bridgemode, use as access point etc etc... nothing worked until I changed the cable --> 300Mbit!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus with Ziggo Connectbox issue
2022-05-16 09:47:39 - last edited 2022-05-16 09:49:40

@JonvandenB 

Welcome to the community.

After switching to the new Ziggo ConnectBox, does the main Deco keep solid green?

Have you checked whether The IPV4 settings kept the same, especially the internet IPV4 address?

And have you tested the speed via "Test internet Speed" under Deco APP>More and how much speed you could get?

Please also try to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to see whether it helped or not:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. Please spare a moment and help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:Deco M9 plus with Ziggo Connectbox issue
2022-05-16 19:52:10

@JonvandenB 

I too have a ziggo router et/modem. One problem could be that both the ziggo connectbox and deco are configurated as routers. You can do either one of the following:

1 let ziggo put the modem/router in bridge mode, so that it functions as just a modem. The deco should of course be in router mode

2 keep the ziggo modem as is (as a router/modem) and put the deco in access point mode. 

Options
Re:Deco M9 plus with Ziggo Connectbox issue-Solution
2022-05-17 06:15:55 - last edited 2022-05-17 06:15:59

@T7H 

Tried all of that already, router in bridgemode, use as access point etc etc... nothing worked until I changed the cable --> 300Mbit!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 396

Replies: 3

Related Articles