A10 changing LAN IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

A10 changing LAN IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
A10 changing LAN IP
A10 changing LAN IP
2022-05-16 13:31:52
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5.0.9.1

All right, I've got an Archer A10 here that I've changed the LAN IP to 2.1 (replaced a slower router, I've got my little network here previously set up for that IP).  Whenever there's any sort of power outage, even just a moment, the router resets its LAN IP to 0.1 as it was out of the box.  It's not doing a full reset, I have some forwarded ports that it keeps, it's just the LAN IP (and DHCP pool) that it switches back to default.  I updated the firmware when it first happened last fall to see if that would solve it, and it still happens.  I change the IP back to my range, save, all works well.  The next time there's any sort of power interruption, it switches that one setting back to default.  It seems like it's a "that's just what it does, you'll have to live with it" situation.  Any suggestions?  My choices seem like put it on a UPS, switch my network to operate on the 0.1 range, or change the router.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:A10 changing LAN IP
2022-05-17 06:06:00

Hello @Cloven 

Can I firstly have the detailed network layout that how is this Archer A10 connected to the network? Is there a modem? What is the IP address of the modem? 

Is this A10 working as a Router or Access Point?

Generally, the LAN IP address of the A10 will automatically change to a different subnet when it detects an IP conflict between the WAN and LAN, so I would suggest you confirm the modem settings first and ensure it is not in this 2.x subnet.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 1

Related Articles