Help digital phones and AX 90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-18 18:44:22
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought a AX90 to help with coverage. Live in a 3 storey town house - router on middle floor - coverage in the downstairs office is intermittent - hence the AX90, which made a big difference (concrete roof to a internal garage seems to block the signals from standard routers).  Today I had BT full-fibre plus digital voice package fitted. 

With the smart hub 2 the MB in the middle floor is 425 on a laptop.  In the office, ground floor, it is 45mb. That is actually worse than before.  With the AX90 plugged in to the smart hub I get 290 plus downstairs.

Can I actually use the digital phones with the AX90 - if not I will have to buy the booster from BT which would really upset me.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help digital phones and AX 90
2022-05-23 06:28:54

Hello @helloevans 

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

1. How is the Archer AX90 connected to the network, is it connected to the BT Smart Hub 2 via Ethernet cable, and it is working in router mode? I would suggest you either change the BT Smart Hub 2 into modem only or bridge mode, or change the Archer AX90 into AP mode to avoid double NAT. There is a story shared by terziyski, you may have a look:

ADSL/VDSL modem router in bridge mode in conjunction with wireless router/Deco avoiding Double NAT

2. Where are the digital phones, are they connecting to the wireless network or do they need to connect to the BT Hub 2 directly? If the digital phones need to connect to the wireless, you may search for the wireless signal of the Archer AX90, then check if they can connect.

Options
2022-05-23 11:06:23 - last edited 2022-05-23 11:09:04

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin - Forgot to mention in post - hence the second post - Re the smart hub 2 it seems impossible to turn it into a modem - unless I am doing something wrong.  Many of the forums mention that fact.  It made both work as routers and then the TPlink turned red. 

Options
2022-05-24 11:44:44

@helloevans 

Are you saying the AX90 is working as an access point now? Is it connected to the BT smart hub 2 via WAN or LAN? I would suggest testing the speed by connecting a computer to the AX90 via cable to see if the speed is normal.

If the wired speed is normal when connecting to the AX90, you could try to modify the wireless settings as described below:

What should I do if my internet connection is slow?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 3

Related Articles