Secondary M5 deco disconnects the main deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-19 14:50:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

I've been using the M5 decos as AP for almost a month without issues, yesterday they got disconnected (Red lights), the modem had internet connection via ethernet so it wasnt a ISP problem

The decos are connected to the isp modem via ethernet, they are in diferent rooms but not too far away from each other (im using 2)

When i restart the main deco it works perfectly, green light, full speed, but when i connect the secondary deco the light turns green, after a few seconds its starts blinking red, and then static red, after that the main deco gets red and loses connection, the only way i can have internet again is unplugin both of them and connecting just the main deco, it was driving me crazy yersterday, i tried conecting the main to the modem then the secondary to the main via ethernet and it didint work either

i hope someone can help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Secondary M5 deco disconnects the main deco
2022-05-20 06:35:43

@andres_vl

Welcome to the community.

Do you mean if only the main M5 is connected to ISP modem router, the connection is quite stable, as long as the satellite M5 joined the Mesh network, the satellite M5 will start dropping connection and turn red, then after a while, main M5 started dropping connection as well?

May I know who is your internet service provider and can I also have the model number of your ISP modem router?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options