Can't use cisco any connect remote vpn on AX55 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-20 13:31:39 - last edited 2022-07-20 09:59:29
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

My partner uses cisco any connect remote vpn to do her work from home via Wifi. it is either very slow or keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly when using with the AX55 router. works fine on our old router and i have copied setting over to see if i can match what the old router was doing and it still does not work for some reason. 

AX55 is fully up to date and otherwise seems to work fine. 

Any suggestions on how to make it work or why it isnt working would be great. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't use cisco any connect remote vpn on AX55 router
2022-05-23 05:50:38

Hello @Halbard 

What kind of VPN server are you using on the AX55? Is it OpenVPN or PPTP? 

Is the internet connection on the AX55 stable? I mean you may confirm if the internet connection on the AX55 itself is stable or not, whether the internet LED on the AX55 will change to orange?

How about normal web browsing or streaming, are they being loaded correctly when you are connected to the AX55 wifi? How much bandwidth have you got from your ISP, and who is it?

Options
2022-05-25 18:17:42 - last edited 2022-05-25 18:22:22

@Kevin_Z 

I am connecting remotely to cisco any connect work server. 

Research online has led me to beleive it is something to do with UDP packet flodding, but i can't find the options to change this in the router settings.

Firmware Version:
1.0.9 Build 20220330 rel.33(4555)
Hardware Version:
Archer AX55 v1.0

Options
2022-05-27 11:54:51

@Halbard 

Does it mean you are not configuring any VPN settings on the AX55? The AX55 only connects to the internet at home, and you are connected to the wireless of the AX55, then run a VPN client software on the laptop to connect to the cisco any connect work server, right?

I believe your AX55 has received a new official firmware that adds the VPN Client feature, what if you use the VPN Client to connect to that cisco any connect work server, will it connect? Below is the configuration guide for VPN Client on it:

How Do I Use VPN Client to Access a Remote VPN Server

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 606

Replies: 3

Tags