Some questions about the Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-23 18:59:39 - last edited 2022-05-23 19:01:28

I recently acquired the Deco M5 (3 pieces).

Everything actually works perfectly, the only thing I'm curious about is whether the Deco app can only report who is online on 1 of the Deco's. So I would like no users to be saved or shown when offline. People come to us regularly and now they are all offline. Or is there an option to delete all offline users automatically once a day, for example (not one by one)?

I also have another question, is it also possible to see the online users and then which Deco they are connected to? Now you have to go to each Deco one by one to see who is on which Deco.

Other than that, great system, good coverage, so very satisfied with this system.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Some questions about the Deco M5
2022-05-24 02:58:09

@knorde 

Welcome to the community.

The following information would be helpful for you:

1. The connection alerts will help you to get notifications when new/known devices connect to Deco:

How to configure the Connection Alerts feature on the Deco app?

2. Currently, the offline devices need to be deleted one by one and it is already planned to add a feature to delete all/multiple offline devices at the same time.

3. Please refer to this link to see which Deco the device is connected to:

How do I know which Deco my client is connected to?

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-25 00:31:44 - last edited 2022-05-25 00:32:04

knorde wrote

I would like no users to be saved or shown when offline. People come to us regularly and now they are all offline. Or is there an option to delete all offline users automatically once a day, for example (not one by one)?

@knorde 

Enable Guest Network in Deco app, configure it with the password, and give people that come to your place regularly SSID/password of Guest Network. Devices that are on Guest Network will not show in Offline Devices after they leave.

For those that are on Main Network you'll need to delete them one by one from Offline Devices list. The point of having Offline Devices list is because you can customize every device on Main Network (name, icon, etc.) and that customization will stay even when device is offline. It'll be kept in Offline Devices list.

Options
2022-05-25 08:30:23 - last edited 2022-05-25 08:31:08

Thanks for your answers!

Maybe it would be a good addition to build in an auto delete option. For example, automatically delete after 30 days of not being online. I understand the guest network option but the above option would be nicer.

As for the overview of who is on which deco, I don't think it is very clear yet. You must first click on 1 person and then click through to see which deco he is on. It would be much clearer if you could see directly behind the list of names who is connected to which deco.

Greetings Kees.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 351

Replies: 3

Related Articles