Archer AX72. Can't log in.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-25 00:55:01 - last edited 2022-05-27 10:53:25
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I can't log in to my router to enter my ISP login and password. I've tried the app but that doesn't find the router. I've tried the 192.168.0.1 and .1.1. I've used a laptop, Chromebook and phone. Nothing. I have reset the router and NBN modem. I have restarted my phone and deleted and reinstalled the app. No good. I spoke with Mark via help chat  after a 20 minute conversation, he asked me to log in to the router and enter my ISP derails... seriously mate, I can't do that. That's why I've been chatting to you! Anyway, I simply can't log in. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX72. Can't log in.-Solution
2022-05-26 12:21:08 - last edited 2022-05-27 10:53:25

@Kevin_Z thanks for the reply. I managed to get in. I gave up on the app because it simply couldn't find the router. I eventually got in to the router via the web interface. I have no idea why but after the 4th complete reset of router, modem and restart of the laptop, it worked. It may have been something as simple as the browser cache needing a clean. Not sure. 

The next problem was it wouldn't accept my ISP password. Eventually worked out that the first character wasn't an l, it was a capital I. Yeah they look the same! One is a lower case L, the other is a capital i. FFS. Why would you do that?

Anyways, I'm there now. 

Thanks again.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX72. Can't log in.
2022-05-26 11:56:22

Hello @NamSinepegral 

When you are connecting a computer to the AX72 with an Ethernet cable, will you get a valid IP address from it? You can check the IP address on the computer as follows:

How do I check if the TCP/IP properties are correct on my computer when it’s connected to my TP-Link device

If you can get a valid IP address from the AX72, please try to do a ping test by ping the IP of the gateway as follows, then show us the result:

How to Use the Ping Command

If you can ping the IP of the router but still fail to login, please check and confirm if there is any firewall or antivirus software that blocks the login, try to disable that and restart the computer, then try again.

Options
Re:Archer AX72. Can't log in.-Solution
2022-05-26 12:21:08 - last edited 2022-05-27 10:53:25

@Kevin_Z thanks for the reply. I managed to get in. I gave up on the app because it simply couldn't find the router. I eventually got in to the router via the web interface. I have no idea why but after the 4th complete reset of router, modem and restart of the laptop, it worked. It may have been something as simple as the browser cache needing a clean. Not sure. 

The next problem was it wouldn't accept my ISP password. Eventually worked out that the first character wasn't an l, it was a capital I. Yeah they look the same! One is a lower case L, the other is a capital i. FFS. Why would you do that?

Anyways, I'm there now. 

Thanks again.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX72. Can't log in.
2022-05-27 10:51:40 - last edited 2022-05-27 10:53:48

@NamSinepegral 

Great to know you figured it out.

L in a lower case does look like I in upper case, it's not your fault.

I'm going to mark your reply as the “Recommended Solution” to close this topic so others can also benefit from the solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 374

Replies: 3