Deco P7 / P9 / X50 Upload speed question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-25 07:41:34 - last edited 2022-05-25 07:57:17
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.9. Build 20200918 Rev.74680

I have switched to optical fiber ISP connection with 1000Mbps symmetrical bandwidth.

Currently I have 3x Deco P7, but want to extend my network. I need advice what Deco type shall I buy.

The problem is, that Deco P7 seems to have a hard limit 400Mbps in upload direction. Therefore if I keep it as the main deco, my whole mesh will be limited to 400Mbps upload speed.

I thought first I would buy 3x Deco P9 as extension, just to keep the possibility of PLC backhaul for places not reachable by ethernet. Do you know if Deco P9 is also limited in upload direction way below 800Mbps? If there is such a limit in the main Deco, the whole network would be limited.

In that case I would consider to buy 3x Deco X50 instead. Do you think this would help much? If yes, I would consider forgetting PLC backhaul and wire the house to rely only on Ethernet backhaul. My walls are very thick, wireless backhaul only is not an option.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Now the relevant measurements  (Download/Upload Mbps):

Modem - Ethernet 1m - PC:
900/880

Modem - Ethernet 1m - Deco:
860/840
I.e. the deco itself gets enough bandwidth. This measurement was done with the deco built-in speed test.

Modem - Ethernet 1m - Deco - Ethernet 1m - PC:
810/ 400
No wireless connection used for this measurement, just wired. The main deco has only 400Mbps upload speed on the gigabit port, any ethernet backhaul network architecture to the other decos would be limited to this speed or below.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P7 / P9 / X50 Upload speed question
2022-05-26 03:01:33

@PalosCsaba 

Hi, Have you enabled the QOS setting before? and you could go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>HomeCare>QOS to check the download and upload bandwidth settings.

And Is the upload speed on all your clients capped at 400m/s?

Before we figured out what might limit the upload speed, I think we can wait for a moment before updating the model.

Thank you.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-26 07:00:00

Hi  @David-TP,

thanks for caring.

QOS was not activated at the time of measurement. Now it is activated and both limits set to 850, the result is the same.

The bandwidths of other Decos in the network are also limited. This is understandable: my wireless and PLC connections are slower. Using Ethernet backhaul lets the same 400 Mbps through from the satellite decos also.

In the measurements I spoke about I have used the same Laptop attached per Ethernet. The Laptop could upload with almost 900 Mbps connected at the Modem/Router of the ISP. I have made measurements with other clients also (other laptop, mobile phone, etc.), the 400 Mbps upload limit applies to all.

The plan that I buy new decos is not just a model update. I want to extend my network to new rooms, and have a deco in each room, because the wifi signal is terribly shielded by our walls between the rooms. Actually, our flat would be ideal for a secret agency not wanting to be spied out from neighboring flats.

Regards,
Csaba

Options
2022-07-03 20:24:06

@PalosCsaba  I upgraded my 3 P7 by adding 3 X20.

As you mention, you ll be effectively forced to let go PLC, because you ll want to use the X50 as master , and P7 as satellites don't know how to use PLC any more...

Still waiting for the software upgrade that would let me do it...

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 420

Replies: 3