Firmware Update impossible Archer MR600

121 Reply
Re:Firmware Update impossible Archer MR600
2024-03-12 15:17:51

Hi  @Sunshine !

Here's my specs:

• Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220105 Rel.58321n
  • Hardware Version: Archer MR600 v2 00000003

On the status page, there's no error message other than "SIM Card Status: No SIM card detected"

I bought my unit used, but according to the seller it was fully functioning. I suspect that the sim card slot might be damaged, since this seems to be a weak spot on these routers. But it would be good to at least try updating the firmware before concluding that it's a hardware issue. 

@Sunshine

Options
2024-03-13 01:25:00

@LinusB 

Hi, your current firmware 220105 is a common EU version firmware, so the issue is different from others.

Please make sure you've tried the latest EU version firmware: Archer MR600(EU)_V2_220826 available on TP-Link official website: Download for Archer MR600 | TP-Link

Ensure you've unzipped the firmware and upload the .bin file only. If the firmware update doesn't work, please check if there is any internal error code 1 on the web interface or whether the device MAC address displays as undefined on the bottom of the web interface. If so, I am afraid the device is defective and you could only try a factory reset. If it is still the same, try to contact the seller to see if it is possible to get it replaced.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-14 21:25:36

Thank you  @Sunshine for putting in the time and effort to reply!

Do you know why the firmware versions on the English website is different from the one I'm being directed to (SE)?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-mr600/v2/#Firmware

https://www.tp-link.com/se/support/download/archer-mr600/v2/#Firmware

Seems like I'm being prevented from downloading the files from the en-website. 

Options
2024-03-15 00:38:15

@Sunshine 

Hi there, sorry for the delay, I was some days offline. The actual firmware is the usual 1.4.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build  210805 Rel.63527n. I got the router from an official reseller of used equipment at amazon. As they stated the shop got a large number of used router from a telko, checked it a little bit (boot, login) but they never tried to update the firmware.

Thanx, Uwe

Options
2024-03-15 03:26:34

@LinusB 

Hi, it seems that the SE local team didn't publish the MR600 V2 new firmware in time, since they are both EU version, you could download the latest firmware from global site(the English website you mentioned) first, at the same time, we will try to contact SE local team and remind them to publish the new firmware in time.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-15 03:34:37

@its-me-ewu 

Hi, private message has been sent, please have a check.

Options
2024-03-16 11:13:38

@Sunshine 

The firmware update still crashes :-/ 

Would it be possible that my sim card slot is damaged, and that in turn prevents the firmware upgrade from working?

Thanks again!

Options
2024-03-18 01:51:46

LinusB wrote

@Sunshine 

The firmware update still crashes :-/ 

Would it be possible that my sim card slot is damaged, and that in turn prevents the firmware upgrade from working?

Thanks again!

@LinusB 

Hi, physical damage of the SIM card slot will not prevent firmware upgrade from working, it is possible that the 4G module of the device is defective which could cause this firmware update issue, you could check if there is any internal error code 1 on the web interface or whether the device MAC address displays as undefined on the bottom of the web interface. If so, that should be the case and you could only try a factory reset. If it is still the same, try to contact the seller to see if it is possible to get it replaced.

Options
2024-03-30 23:14:17

Hello I have the same problem, my TP Link Archer V2 cannot be updated, firmware always comes up and is not accepted. Maybe you can help me too. Kind regards

Options
2024-03-30 23:15:12
Firmware: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210805 Rel.63527n
Options
Related Articles