New Deco Keeps Dropping Out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-25 13:12:51
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

I have just upgraded from the M5's to the X60. They've not worked properly since i set them up yesterday. The connection keeps freezing. I've tried reboots etc. and nothing seems to work.

Options
4 Reply
Re:New Deco Keeps Dropping Out
2022-05-26 02:50:29

@SconuT 

Hi, Can I have more details about "The connection keeps freezing", are you saying all devices have no internet or the speed is too slow to load any websites?

Have you tried to reset the X60 kit and set it up again?

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-27 07:45:39

@David-TP 

I had 3 M5's for almost 2 years and these have been excellent, never drop connection or disconnect from each other. I bought a 3 pack of the X60's this week as an upgrade and put them in the same locations as the M5's. One of the units will flash with a red light every 30-60 seconds and then anyone on the internet will experience either a freeze or a slow down to the point of it being unusable. I have reset the units, reset up the network and run it without the 3rd unit switched on and it seems 99% better, i then reset the 3rd unit again and added it to the network and within a few minutes the issue returned with the internet connection intermittently dropping and the X60 units disconnecting from each other. I switched off the 3rd unit and the problem almost disappears entirely although last night one of the M5's that i have also added back into the network also started to drop the connection to the other units. 

Options
2022-05-27 09:02:18

@SconuT 

Would it help if moving the 3rd Deco X60 a little bit closer to the other two units?

or Can I have a picture of the signal source strength on the 3rd Deco X60?

And is there any chance that you could wire the 3rd Deco X60 via Ethernet cable into the Mesh network?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-27 09:22:15
Hi, I've tried moving it closer, and it shows a full signal so no need to send a picture. Is there a reason for plugging it in?
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 291

Replies: 4

Related Articles