Sensecap connected through ETH port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-25 20:11:14 - last edited 2022-05-30 03:20:50
Model: RE550  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello community! I was wondering if anyone could help me.

So I recently bought the RE550 wifi extender and I purely use it to give internet connection to my miner Sensecap via PoE. So I assigned an static ip for my wifi extender and I connected the miner via the ETH port of the extender and the problem is that every 24h (aprox) my Sensecap goes offline.

I tried turning off the DHCP of my range extender and I also tried changing the DHCP lease time of my router to "always" but the problem keeps happening, any idea why is this happening?

Thank you!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Sensecap connected through ETH port-Solution
2022-05-29 12:44:33 - last edited 2022-05-30 03:20:50

@Solla-topee 

All sorted, it was an issue with the DCHP on my main router, I set up an static DHCP reservation to the IP and MAC of my Sensecap and it stopped happening. Thank you for your response anyway!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Sensecap connected through ETH port
2022-05-27 07:51:46 - last edited 2022-05-27 08:10:18

Hello   @alejandromr 

Thank you for joining tp-link community. 

• Please connect a PC/Laptop  to the range extender via the same Ethernet  cable and see a computer could get stable connection
  • Range extender could provide internet to a network device, but not Power to your network device, please confirm the Sensecap device is properly powered on by other power source.
  • Did you try  setup set up  a static IP for range extender as Case 1 in Troubleshooting guide below?Can I have a photo showing how the static Ip was set up on RE

Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection

• If only Sensecap experiences unstable issue, it is recommend to reach sensecap support first for some professional suggestions. 

If factory reset RE and use default settings on RE, will the Sensecap go offline? If wire the device to router directly, do you have a stable connection? Thank you. 

Options
Re:Sensecap connected through ETH port-Solution
2022-05-29 12:44:33 - last edited 2022-05-30 03:20:50

@Solla-topee 

All sorted, it was an issue with the DCHP on my main router, I set up an static DHCP reservation to the IP and MAC of my Sensecap and it stopped happening. Thank you for your response anyway!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Sensecap connected through ETH port
2022-05-30 03:22:44

@alejandromr   So glad to know you were able to solve the case by assigning a static IP for Sens cap device on router.

Thank you for sharing the solution here.

Options