Deco M9 Plus Losing Router Connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-26 12:49:28
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

About once a day or two I lose connectivity to all Deco's on my network. I still have internet connectivity into my house but the Wi-Fi turns off and the ethernet connections also lose connectivity. Each satellite starts to flash red. After about 5 minutes with no intervention it reconnects. This has been going on for only the past couple of months; everything worked fine for the past year prior. I have not changed ISP's (Google Fiber).

How might I correct this issue?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Losing Router Connectivity
2022-05-27 07:06:56

@Jas28 

Welcome to the community.

Have you checked the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 to see whether Deco could still get a valid IPV4 address when the internet service was disconnected?

There is a debug firmware for Deco M9 plus-V2 in the private message and if you are interested, please install the debug firmware first.

Later if the disconnection started again, please export the system log from the web UI and send it to support.forum@tp-link.com (please add the forum ID 554532).

By the way, do you have any cable modem/fiber ONT from Google Fiber? If yes, can I have the model number of the modem?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-27 12:54:16

@David-TP  Thank you for your response. 

I do not have a modem/ONT for my Google Fiber connection. The Ethernet cable runs straight from the fiber jack to the Deco device.

I have installed the debug firmware. I have also already saved the system logs from the last few times I experienced this problem (before I installed the debug firmware). Do you want copies of those logs too?

Options
2022-05-31 08:46:05

@Jas28 

Thank you very much and I got the logs via email.

Please reach out to the email for more suggestions.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 347

Replies: 3

Related Articles