TP- POWER LINK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP- POWER LINK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP- POWER LINK
TP- POWER LINK
2022-05-28 17:19:37

Have recently moved into a granny flat 50m away from the main house I want to extend the WI FI from the main house to the granny flat using a TP link powerline wi fi kit with built WI FI transmitter at the granny flat end,

They are both on the same mains supply but it is a 3 phase and neutral  system I am not sure if the are both on the same phase.I would appreciate if anyone could help on the best TP-Link model to purchase. Any other comments on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

J.Smith

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP- POWER LINK
2022-06-01 03:56:41 - last edited 2022-06-01 03:57:28

Hello   @popabear_134 

50 meter is long distance and powerline kit may not able to pair or work stably in house extension that is so far away from the main house. Powerline unit need to work under the same power meter, if possible it is recommended to use the kit in the main house. For 3 phase circuit, here is the recommended topology

Q3.9: Can TP-LINK powerline adapters work in different phases of the three-phase circuit?

To extend signal in long distance, you could consider some outdoor CPE devices and set up a point to point connection, it is recommended to start a thread in business forum and moderator or users there could help there.

Options