Combination Deco X60 and M5 : incorrect password on X60, no problems on M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-29 21:59:20 - last edited 2022-05-29 22:41:52
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

hi,

I have a combination of a Deco X60 (main Deco) and a couple of Deco M5.

For some equipment (like my iPhone) everything works without problems, but the phones from my kids (a Samsung and a Huawei) cannot connect to the X60, they get the message "incorrect password"

When they go to a room close to the M5 the wifi works without problems on their phones, but as soon as they roam to the X60 they lose their wifi again.

I have read other threads this might have to do something with a space added to the end of the password, but could it be that the X60 handles passwords in any other way than the M5? When I try to add a space at the end of the password the phone doesn't connect.

We have several times tried to forget the network and add it again on those phones, and also to connect using WPS, but that doesn't work either.

I'm out of ideas, anyone who has experienced the same problem?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Combination Deco X60 and M5 : incorrect password on X60, no problems on M5
2022-05-30 01:54:04

@Auke1961 

Welcome to the community.

I think the error "incorrect password" might not mean the password is not right and it is more like a random message when the client failed to connect to the wifi.

Compared with M5, X60 is a wifi 6 router that supports WPA3 and 802.11ax.

Please try to change the wifi security type to WPA2-PSK[AES] under Deco APP>More>wifi.

By the way, may I know the model number and operating system of your Samsung and Huawei smartphones?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-30 07:12:36

Hi David, thanks for your reply

The Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) has Android-version 7.0, the Huawei Mate 10 lite has Android-verison 8.0.

Security is already set to WPA2-PSK [AES], and on the 3 satellites connection is no problem, only on the Main Deco they cannot connect.

Options
2022-05-30 10:14:54

@Auke1961 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I might need to consult the senior engineers for more advice.

At the same time, could you please help me run a simple test:

1. switch one of the M5s as the main Deco: How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

2. test whether the 2 smart phones are able to connect to Deco X60 when it works as the satellite unit.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 460

Replies: 3

Related Articles