Deco M9 working with 2 diff ISPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-30 07:40:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I just installed the Deco M9 Plus for my home office.

Can I connect another ISP to the same Main Deco to have a back up broadband connectivity for my office home?

Will the same set of Deco mesh work with both the ISP connectviity and with a different WiFi name?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M9 working with 2 diff ISPs
2022-05-31 08:54:00 - last edited 2022-05-31 08:58:50

@AshTheDash 

You could use this router to introduce load balancing/failover between two ISPs.

In this case the Deco M9 Plus should be in AP mode (to avoid the double NAT in your LAN) and they will work with the same SSIDs no matter which ISP is active.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-05-31 09:06:09 - last edited 2022-05-31 09:06:25

@AshTheDash 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Currently, Deco does not support dual-WAN connection or backup connection yet.

There is a workaround if you are interested:

1. Get an Omada ER605 that supports link backup and dual-WAN connection-How to configure Link Backup on Dual WAN Router using the new GUI?

2. Since ER605 does not have Wi-Fi, Deco M9 plus could be set to access point mode and connect behind ER605 to provide a wireless mesh network.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-31 11:19:29

Dear @terziyski Thank y9ou for your response..

Do I need  to have a load balacning router?

Can I simply connect two separate routers and then link them to two ports on the M9 via a LAN cable?

Will this configuration work?

Options
2022-05-31 11:50:04 - last edited 2022-06-06 22:46:05

@AshTheDash 

Re-check the first sentence from the @David-TP's reply.

If you want to have two ISPs at the same time, you do, unless you manually switch on/off ISP routers - this won't work if both routers are on at the same time (that's why you need a load balancer).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options