Slow speed on DECO X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speed on DECO X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow speed on DECO X60
Slow speed on DECO X60
2022-05-30 15:22:35 - last edited 2022-05-31 02:39:47
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 BUILD 20210204

After a reboot, the speed of my deco system can go upto 700 Mbps. However, after a while it drops down again to max. 80-90 Mbps.

Using the system as an access point now, but still the same behavior. 

Connected to a 1Gbps connection.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Slow speed on DECO X60
2022-05-31 09:17:04

@Glenaxy Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have a picture of your network layout?

Would there be any network switch?- if yes, can I have the model number?

Have you tried "Test internet speed" on the Deco APP>More when the speed dropped to 80-90m/s?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-31 09:36:50

@David-TP 

Please find the lay-out attached.

I also tried to use the speeds test from out the DECO app. Same result.

File:
lay-out.pdfDownload
Options
2022-06-02 07:57:44

@Glenaxy 

Hi, thanks for the update.

Are all the speed tests via Wi-Fi connection from the main Deco X60?---"After a reboot, the speed of my deco system can go up to 700 Mbps. However, after a while, it drops down again to max. 80-90 Mbps."

Could you please try to temporarily turn off the 2.4ghz and leave the 5ghz only to see whether the speed could get improved?

Options
2022-06-07 12:56:46

@David-TP issue remains the same, even after disabling the 2.4Ghz band. Only after a full reboot of the system (all Deco's), the speed is normal again for a while, but decreases back to 80-90Mbps after a couple of hours. Very frustrating. Maybe I should stop using this DECO system?

Options
2022-06-08 02:07:01 - last edited 2022-06-08 02:15:32

@Glenaxy 

Thank you very much for the update.

If you would like to spend a little more time, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers later.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following details:

1. Would it be possible to connect a wired laptop to the second Ethernet port from the main X60 and check whether the Ethernet connection from the main Deco X60 had the same issue?

2. Have you checked on the Deco APP whether the mobile client switched to a different Deco when the speed dropped to 70-80m/s, after reboot, it connects back to the main X60?

3. May I know the model number of your main Telenet modem router?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-08 14:23:10

@David-TP If you think that a solution can be found, I'm glad to spend a bit more time.

I did some additional tests.

I rebooted the DECO system and just after the speed went back to normal. (see attached screenshots)

However, after a while and whitout any reason the speed drops again to 80-90.

I also connected a laptop directly to the main DECO, but result is the same.

I also did some speedtests directly fromout the DECO app, and also there you can see the drop in the speed.

Regarding you last question, it doesn't matter to which unit I connect my device.

It's always OK on every DECO or bad on every DECO.

The router/modem from Telenet is their own "brand". I took a screenshot from their website with some additional info.

File:
Screenshot_20220608-160113_Deco.zipDownload
Options
2022-06-09 06:30:30 - last edited 2022-06-09 06:30:56

@Glenaxy 

Thanks for the update.

I did not see the picture of your ISP modem router but I googled about Telenet, is one of the following your modem router?

https://www2.telenet.be/nl/business/klantenservice/alles-over-mijn-telenet-modem/

By the way, I see the Deco was firstly registered about a year ago, and did the speed issue just start recently?

If yes, have you had any changes or any service upgrades?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-06-09 07:25:06

@David-TP I'm sorry that I forgot to attach the screenshot of my modem, but it's the model CH8568LG.

To answer your second question: to be honest I don't know. I never payed much attention to it, even though the kids were often complaining about the speed. 

I just rebooted once and a while the DECO system and the Telenet modem, and than it was OK.

It is true that we had to change our modem a few months ago. Previously we had the CV856OE modem. After an upgrade to a Gbps internet connection, we had to change out modem as well.

It is only recently that I started to investigate the problem, because I got more and more issues with my Teams meetings. (interruptions, bad network quality etc...)

On the other hand, I may have some good news as well.

As I explained I connected the DECO directly to the router/modem Ethernet port. It is not possible to configure neither the port on the DECO or the modem. We must just assume that once connected, the speed between the both devices will be auto negotiated and  the speed will be always 1Gbps. 

Since the speeds is always falling back to 80-90mbps, I was thinking that maybe an incompatibility between the deco and router Ethernet ports might be the problem. In such a situation, it is often the case that the maximum speed of one or both ports would be put back to 100Mbps, what could explain the speed of 80-90mbps.

To avoid this "possible" incompatibility, I decided to put a small TP-105 Gbps switch in between the DECO system and the router. 

After a couple of hours testing and already 1 night later, the speed is still OK. Let's hope that this is the problem (and solution), even though I would rather see an updated OS for the deco system to overcome these kind of unnecessary problems. I'm just lucky that I have a spare switch available to do some testing on my own but customers without any spare IT materials would become crazy.

Options
2022-06-09 08:07:48

@Glenaxy 

That's good news and Thank you for the update.

I do hope the small switch could fix the link speed issue between Deco and CH8568LG.

Let's keep monitoring the speed for a while and please feel free to update here with any futher improvements.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 788

Replies: 9

Related Articles