Buying a powerline WIFI Extender while already having a powerline for ethernet cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Buying a powerline WIFI Extender while already having a powerline for ethernet cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-03 08:36:48
Model: TL-PA7010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Guys,

so, I'm looking for a wifi extender and i thought that i could buy a powerline that would extend my wifi, since I already have a Powerline system (This one), but only for ethernet cable (I use it to connect my PC to an ethernet cable since it is too far from the router). 

My question is, can I buy just the powerline WIFI passthrough (like this ) or do I need to buy the Kit?

Thank you in advance,

Ricardo

Options
1 Reply
Re:Buying a powerline WIFI Extender while already having a powerline for ethernet cable
2022-06-03 16:03:11

@RicardoSoares 

Hey

In short any of the AV2 standard (100mbps or faster) home plugs will work with your current devices, they are all interchangeable. 

Therefore you could indeed buy a single   TL-WPA7617   and this should work fine once synced with your current plugs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 1