Wi-Fi connection "hangs" sometimes, no data gets through

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-05 22:00:16 - last edited 2022-06-06 10:06:57
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 210305 Rel.64377n (6985/8575)

Hello,

I got the TL-WPA4220 KIT to extend my Wi-Fi network, whihc was not reaching soime parts of the house. The network SSID and password is the same as the one on my main router.

Sometimes (from once every few days to a couple of times a day) the Wi-Fi connections to the WPA4220 "hang". No data gets through, no pings get through either. Even the IP address of the TL-WPA4220 otself can not be pinged. Powering the TL-WPA4220 device down and up restres the connection.

Do I need to return it under warranty or is there some other thing I need to look at?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi connection "hangs" sometimes, no data gets through
2022-06-06 10:05:40 - last edited 2022-06-06 10:16:19

Hello  @Misha_R 

Thank you for your valuable feedback, please try some tips in Case 3 here like disable power save mode

What should I do if connection is not stable when the device is connected to TP-Link Powerline Adapter?

If the issue persists, can you help confirm some information to look into further:
1. What about House Led on both devices when the issue happens, does House Led stay On/ Red/ go OFF? 
2.  May I know your network topology?e.g Archer C7 <Ethernet>PA4010 downstaits  ___<house powerline>WPA4220 upstairs.

Do you have a stable wired connection on the main router?
3. When did you purchase the powerline units and when did the issue begin?
4. How many end-devices connected to powerline units by cable or by Wi-Fi and what are they, like pc, laptop or smartphone, Windows or mac? 

Was there is large traffic activity when issue happen like large file downloading, video streaming before this happen? 

Options
2022-06-06 20:36:17

Hello,

I have reviewed the advice and disabling the power saving mode sounds very promising.

However, I use Linux.

Is it possible to disable the power saving mode without using the Windows/Mac based utility?

Options
2022-06-06 20:43:43

As for the other question:

The topology is Sky Hub <Ethernet> TL-PA410 <Home Powerline> TL-WPA4220 <Wi-Fi> devices. (The Ethernt connection on the TL-WPA4220 is currently not used)

I did not notice any LEDs going off or red when this issue happend, but I wil look next time it happens.

The connected devices are a Linux PC, several Android phones, and a Wallbox electric car charger. (Because of the Wallbox charger, I actually want to disable the power saving mode anyway - low-traffic but constant connection is kinda the point).

There was no download activity when this issue happened, every time I could see at least.

Options
2022-08-15 18:21:39

I have been traveling and was not able to verify the exact issue until today.

The issue just reproduced. The LEDs (power, powerline network, wi-fi) remain on as usual.

The adapter was purchaed in late APrio or early May 2022.

When this happened last, apparently two devices were connected to the router, the laptop and an IoT device (car charger).

I still did not find a way to disable the power saving setting.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 4

Related Articles