SSID connection just hangs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-02 09:57:34 - last edited 2023-03-08 03:50:55
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: unknown

I am trying to set up a WPA8630p (+ TLPA8010p)  to fix a dead spot in my house.   these units are 2nd hand and i have factory reset them 

I have plugged both in and followed the instructions to pair and they create a home line,  so thats all fine. 

When the instructions tell me to connect to the SSID on the WPA8630P ( TP-LINK_49BB ) i do that, then enter the password on the back of the unit 

this seems to be happy with the password but then the connection to the unit just hangs with a spinning wheel and nothing happens.   as on the image....

Can anyone advise here.... ???

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:SSID connection just hangs -Solution
2023-03-07 13:33:33 - last edited 2023-03-08 03:50:55

@David-TP 

Hey Mate,  so I have actually (FINALLY) figured out the issue! 

As the units were 2nd hand the Adapter connected to the router [PA8010P] needed to have a hard / factory reset. 

It must have had some old config on there that was freaking it out,  soon as i did this and plugged it all back in,  bosh straight up and running! 

just need to play around with somet settings/locations now 

A

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:SSID connection just hangs
2023-03-03 11:56:43 - last edited 2023-03-03 11:59:18

@antcrook 

Have you tried the 2.4ghz band of 8631P as well?

Do you also have this issue on other mobile devices?

And do you have a wired laptop that could be used to test the Ethernet connection?

Wait for your reply.

Options
Re:SSID connection just hangs
2023-03-07 13:07:24 - last edited 2023-03-07 13:11:00

@David-TP 

Hey David,   apologies for the slow reply! 

so the update is,  on the back of my router there are two ports 1 LAN 1 LAN/WAN...  when i plug the adapter into the LAN port the connection is now made,  i was plugging it into the LAN/WAN (without realising).    So that issue of the SSID is sort of solved,  however what happens now is that once it connects, it shows the WiFi symbol on my iphone for like 2 seconds then drops and my phone shows 5G again,  and a webpage opens up showing a login to Huawei.  

When i have the adapter plugged in to the router (on the LAN port) all internet drops out.  If i take out the ethernet cable it then reconnects as normal. 

My Router is a 5G router,  Huawei H122-373.  Would there be some setting requirement on the router that allows this connection to be added? 

thanks 

Options
Re:SSID connection just hangs -Solution
2023-03-07 13:33:33 - last edited 2023-03-08 03:50:55

@David-TP 

Hey Mate,  so I have actually (FINALLY) figured out the issue! 

As the units were 2nd hand the Adapter connected to the router [PA8010P] needed to have a hard / factory reset. 

It must have had some old config on there that was freaking it out,  soon as i did this and plugged it all back in,  bosh straight up and running! 

just need to play around with somet settings/locations now 

A

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 222

Replies: 3

Related Articles