Wifi Channel Change on Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-06 12:30:38
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Im sorry I know this may have been covered before, but im still trying to find a solution. I have purchased a Deco X60 pack to replace a Google WiFi setup and everything is working well. My issue is im trying to connect a number of Daikin Aircon units to my wifi network that worked fine on my previous setup. My main or guest network will not show up in the list and as the Aircon unit will only work on 2.4ghz i have tried turning off the 5ghz network. Having spoken to Daikin they have told me to set the wifi channel between 1 and 11, having checked mine is on 12. I have rebooted the router a number of times, but it keeps bouncing between 12 and 13. I have not managed to find a way of manually setting a channel on the X60 so I seem to be stuck. Is there any beta firmware that allows the channel to be changed or does anyone know of a workaround to get it connected?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wifi Channel Change on Deco X60
2022-06-06 15:01:27 - last edited 2022-06-06 15:05:11

@StevieP64 

Check this reply.

Non-overlaping channels on 2.4GHz wireless band are 1,6 and 11.

You may have strong wireless interference around you (at 2.4GHz band) and therefor Deco is chossing channels like 12/13 according its algorithm.

You can check that scanning 2.4GHz band with apps like InSSIDer or Wi-Fi Analyzer.

How your X60 are connected are you using a wireld or wirelss backhaul ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-06-06 15:40:33

@terziyski 

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have a lot of other houses close by and having done a scan already you are correct the lower channels are busy, but not much i can do to change the situation. The Deco is acting in the correct way, by picking the best channel. Unfortunately though that doesnt help me to get the Aircon units online as they will only work on channels 1 to 11. Channel 11 looks pretty good from the scan, so if i could fix it im sure that would be fine. 

The Deco is using a wired backhaul for all three units.

Options
2022-06-06 16:06:44 - last edited 2022-06-06 16:23:40

@StevieP64 

Unfortunatelly you can't select the Deco channel manually according the link I posted (blue text) in my previous post.

I wonder why the Daikin Aircons support only channels 1-11. Channels 12 and 13 a deprecated pretty much in North America only:

The only workaround that comes to my mind is to use a cheap enrty level device like WR841N in AP mode - Case 1 (connected to one of the X60s ethernet ports) and broadcast a 2.4GHz SSID for Aircons on a dedicated channel (1-11).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-06-06 16:35:24

@terziyski 

Thanks again for your advice.

I know, I had a similar discussion with Daikin, but they don’t make an EU version of the adaptor and they argue that in most cases you can set a fixed channel on the router. I don’t know how much of an issue it is for people, but the option to change the channel has come on this forum more lot than once! I was just surprised when I found out it couldn’t be done. 

Looks like I may have to go down the route you suggested, seems messy, but I may not have any other option.

Thanks again, appreciate your help.

Options
2022-06-07 06:27:27

@StevieP64 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

There is another workaround for your case and for more details, please refer to the private message.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 887

Replies: 5

Related Articles