Double NAT issue when in Access mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-07 19:44:41 - last edited 2022-06-23 09:54:24
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hi,

I have an AX73 set up as the main router with an AX20 in access point operation mode. I have a QNAP server which runs plex that is wired into the AX20.

I am recieving an error that the PLEX server has a double NAT issue and despite opening up a port on my AX73, it is still returning the same error. Even more unusual, when I set up port forwarding and test it on plex - it works for a few minutes before once again saying that it is 'Not available outside your network'.

Any ideas what is wrong and am i right that the AX20, despite being in access point mode, is creating the conflict? If so, how can i fix this?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Double NAT issue when in Access mode
2022-06-07 21:33:29

@dmichaelj 

So, if you disconnect the QNAP server's Ethernet cable from the LAN port of the AX20 and instead plug it into one of the LAN ports of the AX73, then PLEX works fine?

Options
2022-06-10 14:28:33

Hi  @woozle

Thanks for the reply. I have connected it direct to my AX73 and I get exactly the same message from PLEX. It works for a few minutes (with a lovely green tick!) and then stops and displays the following message:

"Not available outside your network

Your server is signed in to Plex, but is not reachable from outside your network. Tip: It looks like your server may be connected to the internet through multiple routers or other network devices. Try connecting it directly to your primary device, or visit our support site for more information about troubleshooting this "Double-NAT" scenario."

So I'm guessing this is an issue wider than a conflict caused between two devices...

I have opened up a port on the router and when I click retry - again it works for a few minutes with a green tick and then displays the above message again. 

During which time, Plex server content can be stream on a device not on my network fine for a few minutes. But once the above message displays it can only be played outside my network through indirect play. So it seems the conflict kicks in after a few minutes....

I'm stumped! Do you have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks again,

D

Options
2022-06-10 15:38:04

@dmichaelj 

That means the problem is not with your AX20.

Go through this troubleshooting guide for your issue:

https://support<dot>plex<dot>tv/articles/200931138-troubleshooting-remote-access/  (replace '<dot>' with '.' in this URL)

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 3

Related Articles